Market improvements help move Long Island real estate ahead in 2019. Several .. in Kildare, Ireland, will oversee architectural planning, programming, design, …
Who are the craziest/most awesome Indians ever?
I think 2 names have been missed out and need a mention in this list –
1) Not sure if a lot of people know about.
- He is the chairman and of , the world’s largest steel making company.
- Mittal is the richest man of Asian descent, and was ranked the by in 2011.
- He is also the 47th “most powerful person” of the 70 individuals named in Forbes’ “Most Powerful People” list for 2012. His daughter ‘s wedding was the second most expensive in recorded history.
- Mittal has been a member of the board of directors of since 2008, and is also member of the board of directors of the .
- He sits on the ‘s executive committee, and is a member of the Indian Prime Minister’s Global Advisory Council,the Foreign Investment Council in ,the ’s International Business Council, and the Presidential International Advisory Board of .
- He also sits on the advisory board of ‘s in the United States and is a member of the board of trustees of the .
- In 2006 Year“, and magazine named him “International Newsmaker of the Year 2006″. In 2007, magazine included him in their “100 most influential persons in the world”. named him “Business Person of 2006”, the named him “Person of the
- Recipient of many awards such as Padma Vibhushan from the Government of India and Entrepreneur of the year from the Wall Street Journal.
2) Let us not forget our very ownhere, shall we?
- Owner of the U. B. Group – a family run business which was consolidated and put on a global scale by him.
- Owner of the cricket team – Royal Challengers Bangalore.
- Owner of the – Sahara Force India F1 team.
- Owner of a football club in the I-league – East Bengal.
- Member of the Parliament in India.
- He bought the Sword of Tipu Sultan in an auction in London and brought it back to India.
- He also bought some of Mahatma Gandhi’s personal belongings like Gandhi’s iconic eyeglasses, a pocket watch, leather sandals he had made by hand, and a plate and bowl from which he had eaten his last meal for $1.8 million from an auction in New York.
- He is considered a “Global Leader for tomorrow” by the World Economic Forum.
- His interests also are in areas like distilling, pharmaceuticals, real estate, biotechnology, IT and others.
- He has donated 3 KG gold to Balaji Temple in Tirupathi on his birthday.
I personally think that one has to be both crazy and awesome to be at the helm of so many things and stretch ones legs into so many areas.