That’s what I was thinking the other day, in my apartment, when I adjusted the Velcro straps on my Oculus Quest, a chunky virtual-reality headset made of black
How can AI reduce travel time?
- Autonomous vehicles have been shown to reduce traffic congestion considerably. A study showed that with as few as 5% of vehicles being automated, we can eliminate stop-and-go waves caused by human driving behavior.
- Autonomous vehicles could collaborate with each other to minimize bottlenecks and traffic jams.Lyft is working on autonomous ride-sharing, too.
- AI-powered traffic lights used in 50 intersections in Pittsburgh have reduced travel time by 25% and emissions by 21%, allegedly.
- Fixing video conferencing and virtual reality for social interactions would encourage working remotely — thus reducing traffic especially at peak hours.
- AI-powered drones can be used for delivery of packages. Right now, delivery vehicles cause a big chunk of congestion.
- Smart Cities use AI methods to optimize services like Bus and subway schedules, town planning and transportation infrastructure.
- AI used in entertainment products (Netflix recommendation system) and food delivery apps(DoorDash delivery) encourages people to stay at home more..? Okay, I think I’m taking this too far. Fin.