Flo Meadows, who joined Latter & Blum in 2018, has 25 years of commercial real estate experience, including brokerage, acquisition and development, financial
How can I become a commercial real estate agent?
Choosing a broker to help find commercial space for your business and negotiate a lease on your behalf takes more than a little luck. You’ll want to make sure that the broker’s skill level, experience, professional situation, and personal style will suit you. You’ll gather some of this information when you start looking for a broker. But when it comes to actually choosing a broker, you’ll want to dig deeper. This requires collecting information both about the broker and from the broker
Questions to Ask People Who Recommend a Particular Broker
- What is the broker’s reputation for honesty, experience, thoroughness, and accessibility?
- What were the broker’s weak points?
- What were the broker’s strong points?
- Would they use the same broker again?
Questions to Ask Commercial Real Estate Brokers
- What is the broker’s experience with commercial needs like yours?
- What is the size of the real estate office?
- What are the compensation practices of the broker’s office?