LOS ANGELES–A significant shift is underway for the US restaurants and grocery industries and the real estate these operators occupy, according to a new
What are the benefits of IHM?
Hospitality Management is one of the courses that are in high demand all across the world. This industry is really huge and holds a wide range of job opportunities for your budding career. A degree in Hospitality Management will open your doors to an exciting career with tremendous opportunities in numerous areas along with a very promising salary range.
Many Hospitality Management programs offer a variety of degree types such as Bachelor’s, Master’s, Diplomas, and Associate’s degrees that offer a strong blend of business courses including accounting, economics, marketing, administration and human resource management along with ingenious soft skills and core communicative skills. All of these degrees can help you get started on the number of career opportunities that your Hospitality Management degree will take you to.
Graduates in this field rule their career in a multitude of sectors such as:
- Hotels and Resorts
- Restaurants and Commercial food service
- Food and Beverages industry
- Meeting and Event Management
- Travel and Tourism
- Entertainment and Sports Management
- Airlines, Cruises and other transportation
- Spa and Wellness Management
- Casino Management
- Catering and Event Entrepreneur
- Human Resource Management
- Hospitality Marketing and Media
- Hospitality Real Estate
- Public Relations
- Purchasing and Supply Chain
- Finance and Revenue
- Communication and Advertising
There are two sides to the hospitality industry: the operational side, which includes front-line jobs such as: hotel manager, concierge, casino/gaming supervisor, dieticians and nutritionists, travel agent, chef and head cook, event planner, food critic, restaurant owner/operator, tour manager and the corporate side where you’ll find positions in finance, human resources, information technology, sales, and marketing such as: customer service manager, human resources officer, investment banker, asset manager, personnel and training officer, digital marketing executive, public relations officer, sales and supply manager and so on. On analysing or simply weighing both sides, the opportunities are equally beneficial, so think about the niche that you prefer in this industry and opt accordingly.
Individuals involved in the hospitality industry play a vital part in making guests’ experiences enjoyable. They are also trained to make sure of being hospitable to clients. So in order to succeed in this career, one must use their head for business and heart for hospitality.
The positions this programme has to offer might come in much name, but studying Hospitality Management have got lots of benefits that make it one of the fastest growing industries in the world today and some of these are:
- Hospitality Management is a highly competitive industry but you can find different hospitality companies anywhere and everywhere around the globe. Because of this you will have unlimited job opportunities in your career in your locale and abroad equally.
- Freedom it offers for the graduates to choose different career path is remarkable. Graduates who study hotel management can choose a career based on their skill or shift to a related field.
- The fact that most hospitality workers are paid higher than in any other industry makes this a most sought after profession. A hospitality worker can also find extra jobs other than their regular jobs to earn more than their regular income as most jobs come in shifts.
- After studying the bachelor or master programme in Hospitality Management you will have the obligatory skills to start your own career in a fast-growing hotel or hospitality business as hospitality graduates have outstanding customer service and problem solving skills and a thorough understanding of financials and fundamental guest services knowledge.
- There are a lot of appealing aspects to hospitality work. Low educational barriers, mobility within the niche departments in addition to mobility in geographic space, and infrequent hours and shifts can all be advantageous. For example, people who work for large hotel chains are regularly put in for transfers to different locations. There aren’t many industries which offer that kind of mobility and flexibility.
A major share of every country’s income comes from its tourism department and as long as tourism keeps expanding, there develops a need for hospitality centres and graduates and predictions say that hospitality employers will be offering more high skilled openings, increase starting salaries, offer clear career development opportunities at hiring and implement new strategies to entice and retain hospitality managers over the coming years.
So if you possess strong communication skills, a colourful personality, a creative mind and a desire to provide excellent service to others this fast-paced industry may be for you.