SOHO China, one of China’s largest real estate companies, led by billionaire Pān Shíyì 潘石屹, has won (in Chinese) a libel battle against a WeChat blogger,
Why don’t people understand Donald Trump?
I would ask the questions: Why do you admire trump? How could you admire or have undying loyalty to a: philandering, narcissist, who is a megalomaniac and a pathological liar? Who could have such undying affection for a person who has used his office to enrich himself and his family’s? Who could love a person who discriminated against tenants because of their race? Or admire and be loyal to a person who as a landlord bought an occupied rent controlled apartment building, and stopped sanitation collection, and turned off heat and water to drive the tenants from the building.
Those of us who do not share your affections for trump are unable to look past his many detractors. These include his ineptitude as a statesman, not to mention his aversion to accepting responsibility for his actions. Plus it’s hard to have warm and fuzzy feelings for a person who would strip health care from millions of people; not to mention discriminating against a group of people because they are practitioners of Islam. And personally, I find it hard to find any saving grace in a person who would deport children born or brought here at very young age and are Americans in every sense, and then deport them to a country which is completely foreign and alien to them.
And of course let’s not forget his admiration of despots e.g. putin, Duarte, Erdogan, and kim jong un, each who violating the rights of their citizens on a daily basis.
The one other thing about trump is his incessant whining about how unfairly he’s been treated. What amazes me about this, is that trump lies, it’s on the record, but he denies it. So his reaction, just like a spoiled child, is to throw tantrums and call people names. Plus at every turn he attempts to vilify the free press, that is of course unless it’s fox news, brietbart, alex jones, or any other right wing yellow journalism outlet.
Here are 101 more reasons, Courtesy of “Slate,” why even if someone put a gun to my head, I could not even raise my feelings from revulsion, to one of contempt for trump (snarky comments mine):
- Said he would force the military to commit war crimes. Me thinks the president needs to turn off the tv, and brush up on the Geneva Convention.
2. Said about women, “You have to treat ’em like shit” He should be one of those dating gurus, especially with dispensing such deep knowledgeable advice on romance and wooing the fairer sex.
3. Proposed to create a database system to track Muslims in the U.S. Let’s track Muslims, but let’s not have a federal registry of firearms owners in the US. Oh yeah, and allow individuals with mental illness to purchase firearms. Oh Boy…
4. Said a U.S.-born judge couldn’t be impartial because of his “Mexican heritage” And let’s not allow anyone of Austrian Heritage to run for office, you know what happened with that Hitler guy.
5. Advocated assassinating terrorists’ families. A great humanitarian.
6. Advocated waterboarding as punishment even if it doesn’t help gain information, because “they deserve it anyway” This has buffoon written all over it
7. Said women should be punished for having abortions. You know, trump’s lucky they don’t punish people for stupidity…he’d be black and blue from head to toe.
8. Urged supporters to beat up protesters at his rallies. A sound lesson in bringing people together.
9. Made fun of a reporter’s physical disability. This man drips with empathy and compassion, don’t he.
10. Promised to deport U.S. citizens whose parents immigrated illegally, in violation of the 14th Amendment. Can someone get him a child’s version of the constitution, with pictures and words that don’t exceed two syllables.
11. Advocated shutting down mosques. Who needs a First Amendment, right? We have 9 left right? No Donald that’s the ten commandments. The Constitution has 27 amendments. Whatever, we’ll still have plenty left.
12. Called for a ban on Muslims entering the U.S. ISIS has a new recruiting poster. It’s a photo of trump with a cartoon bubble drawn from his mouth that says: ISIS wants you.
13. Described global warming as a hoax perpetrated by “the Chinese” for competitive reasons. When it comes to science, Stephen Hawking is a dunce compared to trump.
14. Responded to the murder of 49 people at Orlando’s Pulse nightclub with “Appreciate the congrats for being right on Islamic terrorism” People are dead, so what. He can gloat can’t he.
15. Suggested the U.S. should reduce its debts by partially defaulting on them. Now there’s sound financial advice. Let’s screw our creditors, who just happen to be other countries who could destroy our economy by calling in our loans. He is the master of the art of the deal. What a stooge…
16. Fraternizes with avowed white supremacists on Twitter. Hey, give him credit, he doesn’t judge anyone, that is, unless they aren’t white, and, can’t do anything for him.
17. Called Mexican immigrants rapists. Such warmth. No stereotyping from the Donald, no-sir-ee
18. Endorsed torture. Guess he forgot we “try” to be the good guys. And of course, no one got around to telling him about the Geneva Convention. But then again, it’s understandable, his name doesn’t appear in it anywhere.
19. Refuses to sell any of his more than 500 businesses if he’s elected, potentially creating unprecedented conflicts of interest. I’m the mango Mussolini, rules don’t apply to me.
20. Disparaged Sen. John McCain’s military service because he was captured by the North Vietnamese. But in all fairness, donald went to a military academy, and had five deferments due to a bone spur, which magically disappeared when he took up golf. But he really is a patriot who cried himself to sleep at night because he couldn’t fight along side his fellow Americans.
21. Defended FDR’s internment of Japanese Americans. How would he feel if interment camps for idiots were set up. You know he wouldn’t like it one bit, because he’d be at the top of the list.
22. Refused to release his tax returns during the campaign. Then promised he would. And of course after winning the presidency reneged on his promise. A surprise? …nope…
23. Retweeted bogus crime statistics that wildly inflated the rate at which blacks kill whites. He certainly is a stickler for accuracy…
24. Suggested that supporters who attacked a homeless Hispanic man were “very passionate” and “love their country” This statement alone proves he has the brain of a very small, very dead, house fly…
25. Blamed sexual assault in the military on “put[ting] men and women together” Of course, it’s the woman’s fault. trump believes a man should be allowed to be a man. And for him, real men like him should be allowed to act on their animal instincts freely and without consequences. He sure is a lovable rascal, ain’t he.
26. Repeatedly suggested that President Obama might be a Muslim. Need I even say anything about this bull shit.
27. Claimed he saw thousands of Muslims in New Jersey celebrating the 9/11 attacks. Funny, he’s the only one who saw it. I guess he has special powers, maybe he could get a part in the next Fantastic Four movie. Wadda ya think?
28. Referred to Tiananmen Square demonstrations as a riot and said the Chinese government’s response “shows you the power of strength” trump having an orgasm over his dreams of being a dictator, while screaming his own name over and over again in ecstasy.
29. Doesn’t know how many articles are in the Constitution. That’s so comforting, that a president would be ignorant of how many articles are in the constitution.
30. Called an attorney who requested a break to pump breast milk “disgusting” Evidently the fat slob hasn’t taken a look at himself in the mirror lately, now that’s disg…hideous.
31. Doesn’t pay his bills. He’s Donald trump, why should he. In fact it should be an honor to be fleeced by the greatest deal maker in the history of the world…
32. Proposed to change libel laws to make it easier to sue media organizations. That’s a violation of free speech which is guaranteed in the First Amendment of the US Constitution, guess he forgot that part, third grade was so many years ago.
33. Praised North Korean dictator Kim Jong-in. No denying it, trump’s a real judge of character, par excellence!
34. Barred reporters from campaign events for unfavorable coverage. Damn right, he doesn’t need anyone getting in the way of him selling snake oil.
35. Described Fox debate moderator Megyn Kelly as having “blood coming out of her wherever” I think that’s referred to as misogyny.
36. Said, “I could stand in the middle of Fifth Avenue and shoot somebody, and I wouldn’t lose voters” A bit narcissistic ya think, maybe?
37. Questioned President Obama’s American citizenship, bringing the “birther” campaign into the mainstream And remember his investigators were finding amazing things. Funny, we never heard about it, especially from a narcissist who can’t keep his trap shut about the relationship between his hand size and his penis.
38. Named and threatened former students who criticized Trump University. He’s a study in ethics,
39. Bragged about the size of his penis during a primary debate. Class and breeding par excellence.
40. Didn’t immediately disavow an endorsement from KKK leader David Duke. Of course not, he said the magic words he loves to hear: donald trump
41. Claimed he’s donated $1 million to veterans’ groups, although none received any money until reporters began investigating. His picture appears above the word wing-bag in the dictionary.
42. Didn’t know the meaning of the term “Brexit” less than a month before the U.K. referendum on leaving the EU. That falls under the heading of galactic stupidity, especially when one is running for president.
43. Called Elizabeth Warren “the Indian” and “Pocahontas” More age appropriate dialogue from “the” donald.
44. Posted a link to Facebook promoting the conspiracy theory that the Obama administration actively supported al-Qaida in Iraq. Which has only ever been reported in alt right propaganda sites. But hey, it’s on the internet, so it must be true, right.
45. Founded Trump University, which a salesman called “a fraudulent scheme [that] preyed upon the elderly and uneducated” I think that’s known as corruption
46. Said, “It doesn’t really matter what [the media] write as long as you’ve got a young and beautiful piece of ass” Lovable as a teddy bear that trump is, and real smooth too.
47. Advocated plundering oil from Iraq, Libya, and other oil-rich countries invaded by the U.S., in violation of the Geneva Conventions. trump don’t need no stinking Geneva Convention.
48. Refused to take care of his children, saying that husbands who change diapers are “acting like the wife” A truly caring parent. An attitude from a man like trump towards his children makes me fell giddy.
49. Named himself as his primary consultant on foreign policy. And this from someone who couldn’t find the US on a map, if banon were pointing to it.
50. Refused to rule out using nuclear weapons against ISIS. Showing he doesn’t have the first clue that nuclear weapons are a deterrent, not an offensive weapon. And hey, what a great weapon to use in guerilla warfare. A true tactician. Maybe they should have him lecture at the war college.
51. Claimed he’s donated $102 million to charity, although journalists have been unable to find evidence of any substantial donations
52. Said of Carly Fiorina, “Look at that face! Would anyone vote for that? Can you imagine that, the face of our next president?” Who couldn’t love such a charmer.
53. Approvingly repeated a tall tale about a U.S. commander ordering the execution of Muslim insurgents with bullets dipped in pig’s blood
54. Refused to condemn anti-Semitic attacks on journalists. So much for civil liberties and equality
55. Paid campaign money to family members and his own businesses. Now that’s practicing fiscal responsibility.
56. Advocated withholding free public education from insufficiently studious kids. Equality at its finest.
57. Told a female contestant on Celebrity Apprentice, “That must be a pretty picture, you dropping to your knees” This guy knows how to put on a charm “offensive.” Emphasis on the word “offensive.”
58. Suggested that he might refuse to serve as president if elected. He’s so special. This goes into diva territory.
59. Speculated about his 1-year-old daughter’s future breasts. That’s not misogyny, that’s rubber room sick
60. Said, “If Ivanka weren’t my daughter, perhaps I’d be dating her” Who couldn’t warm up to a guy who looks lustfully at his own child.
61. Proposed to deport 11 million undocumented immigrants
62. Hired a suspicious number of advisers who have done work on behalf of Vladimir Putin. Who couldn’t get behind a president who’s the sock puppet for a despot, who, on top of it, has journalists murdered.
63. Has repeatedly done business with figures linked to organized crime
64. Didn’t understand the phrase “nuclear triad” during a primary debate. But he sure knows about grabbing “pussy.”
65. Claimed that American Muslims knew about the Orlando nightclub shooter and San Bernardino terrorists before the attacks
66. Pointed out a black supporter and said, “Oh, look at my African American over here” Jim Crow sure isn’t dead for Donald, that’s for certain. And of course the war between the states never happened. What a lovely man.
67. Kept a collection of Adolf Hitler’s collected speeches in a cabinet by his bed. Talk about picking inspiring role models.
68. Said that “maybe” his employees should feel they have to return quickly from maternity leave or risk being replaced.
69. Suggested the U.S. won’t come to NATO allies’ military aid. This qualifies him for the village idiot title
70. Proposed to compel Mexico to pay for a border wall. How’s that promise working out for him. Seems he wants to put the US tax payer on the hook for it instead. Nothing like keeping ones promise.
71. Praised Saddam Hussein for being good at killing terrorists. Seems no one told him that Hussein murdered and jailed all his political opposition the day he was sworn in. Well trump does look at anyone who disagrees with him as the enemy.
72. Called for the death penalty for the Central Park Five, five teenagers later exonerated of rape and assault
73. Threatened Amazon as payback for negative coverage in the Washington Post. That’s because he’s jealous Jeff Bezos is an actually Billionaire, not a wanna be Billionaire like trump.
74. Praised the U.K.’s vote to leave the EU because a falling pound would be good for his Scottish golf course. trump’s motto: “It’s all about me.”
75. Suggested that Sen. Ted Cruz’s father was involved in the assassination of President John F. Kennedy. In short, lunacy.
76. Tweeted an image that originated on a white-supremacist account containing a star of David over a background of money he’s clueless.
77. Read out Sen. Lindsey Graham’s personal phone number in a campaign speech. Pettiness, a characteristic surely needed by a president.
78. Quoted in a 1991 book as telling a colleague that “laziness is a trait in blacks” Racism again, another fine trait for the leader of the free world.
79. Subjected his then-wife Ivana to what she described in a deposition as rape, although she later said she didn’t mean the word literally. A real gentleman.
80. Said that the U.S. military should withdraw from Japan and South Korea and allow those countries to defend themselves with nuclear weapons. Who couldn’t get excited about a leader who wants to increase the odds of nuclear war.
81. Called for the construction of a wall across the U.S.-Mexico border to prevent immigration. Another fine example of him being unhinged. Maybe a moat on both sides with alligators an piranhas. That’d be a nice touch.
82. Has been a plaintiff in at least 1,900 lawsuits and a defendant in 1,450 more. That sure spells success for a businessman.
83. Tweeted: “Our great African American President hasn’t exactly had a positive impact on the thugs who are so happily and openly destroying Baltimore!” Stupidity and ignorance par excellence
84. Believes the world would be “100 percent” better if Saddam Hussein and Muammar Qaddafi were still in power. Hey as long as he gets to fleece people and get away with it, and take a dump while resting his privileged loins on a gold commode, who cares about anyone else living under a despot.
85. Suggested that Bill and Hillary Clinton conspired to murder aide Vince Foster. Just lovely, a president who believes bs conspiracy theories, where there’s not a shred of evidence to substantiate his claims. This buffoon probably still believes the moon is made of green cheese.
86. Asked national security advisers why the U.S. can’t use nuclear weapons. This is the height of sheer stupidity and ignorance. Yeah, why couldn’t you love a guy who wants to start a nuclear war. Makes my heart go pitter-patter, with fear!
87. Directed a female employee not to take lunch orders when visitors came to Trump Tower because he found her insufficiently attractive. Talk about building confidence in your employees and seeing their real talents.
88. Publicly shamed a Miss Universe winner for gaining weight. This from a schlub who could stand to miss a meal or two.
89. Told his security team to confiscate protesters’ coats and “throw them out into the cold” If this isn’t an indication of his arrested psychological development, nothing is
90. Repeatedly claimed, falsely, to have opposed the Iraq war Another case of he was for it before he was against it. Or in other words lying out his cottage cheesy dimpled ass.
91. Sold Trump University and Trump Institute courses that relied on plagiarized materials. Hey, now there’s ethics for ya.
92. Compared his “sacrifices” as a businessman with those of parents whose son was killed in war Another lovable trait of this guy. I mean I feel my stomach turning when I read this and remember the interview when he made this statement.
93. Included the head of the white nationalist American Freedom Party on a list of California delegates. At least some honesty on his part, maybe a Freudian slip in a way, but at least some honesty on his part. A rarity for him.
94. Earned millions from failing casinos by shifting the debt burden to investors. Now there’s a stand up guy you can count on…to look out for himself.
95. Filed for corporate bankruptcy four times. I can see why people would flock to the “successful” businessman to run the country. Only four bankruptcies, when having one for other corporations is a major black mark. But hey, he’s number one in bankruptcies among his peers. He’s got em all beat.
96. Claimed there’s “no real assimilation” of “second- and third-generation” families from the Middle East. The guy was a failure at real-estate, so now he’s taking a shot at being a sociologist. What a guy.
97. Tried to set up an investment partnership with Muammar Qaddafi. Hey it would have been a sweet deal, who could blame him. Two like minded megalomaniacs, it would have been a win, win situation for both of them. No wonder he condemned the US involvement in taking out Qaddafi.
98. Argued that the massacre at Orlando’s Pulse nightclub could have been prevented if patrons had been armed. Yeah, nothing like a bunch of inebriated panicked people with firearms in a dark place. What a sage this trump is.
99. Claimed, falsely, that President Obama “issued a statement for Kwanzaa but failed to issue one for Christmas” Guess he missed the big shindig that takes place for the lighting of the White House Christmas Tree.
100. Has insulted 239 candidates, journalists, organizations, countries, sitting politicians, and celebrities on Twitter. He does go big. especially when he’s making an ass of himself.
101. Wished for a housing-market crash. Now there’s a true leader, whishing for the misfortunes of others so he could pick their bones clean. That is leadership par excellence. Who could not love this guy…certainly not me.