“You get to paint the walls the color you want,” said Christopher J. Mayer, co-director of the Paul Milstein Center for Real Estate at Columbia Business School.
Would you rather live in 1968 or in 2068?
- Hippies and Trotskyists everywhere
- If not above, must endure formal wear all the time
- Constant fear of Nuclear annihilation and/ or CIA/ KGB coup happening
- No Black Metal for 20 some years….
- Enjoy the beautiful pre-Urban sprawl world
- Going to the cinema for (as far as I’ve heard) cheap
- Get to see the Stooges, the Velvet Underground, MC5 live
- Have good enough time to prepare for London 1976 and Punk
- Travelling to a pre-salafied/ mullahfied Middle East and avoid conflicts
- Reasonable real-estate prices
- Impossible to log off our cyber-connected lives
- Collapse of the natural world
- Only way of life left is that of sprawling urban decadence
- People can only afford to live in drawer-sized apartments anymore
- Either enjoys Mars terraforming,
- Or Medieval-style Mad-maxing (both are street credible enough)
- Flying cars by then, pretty please?
- Gene-editing terrible diseases
- And, finally: