Policy shifts. The real estate industry has taken umbrage and given flak regarding various measures Victoria has proposed to moderate the province’s housing market. Taxes designed to curb speculation and other forms of demand and give local buyers an edge play well to the public, but the unintended consequences
Profile: Stephen McInerney, Edit-blocked after 2nd bogus QCR revert… this is tedious
EDIT-BLOCKED 1/26/2017 after an incorrect revert of my helpful edit to Is-anyone-else-fed-up-with-Uber-and-Lyft-drivers/log
UPDATE: 11/10/2016 I get an automated ban warning without specifics, immediately after an automated QCR revert of my legitimate and useful edits on the ”Is the NKT a cult?” question. Other people have been getting these too, recently.
( The top-10 google for ‘NKT’ are: NeuroKinetic Therapy ®, NKT Photonics, NKT Cables, NKT based therapeutics… Kadampa is #9, nearly off the first page. How on earth could people know just from the title which of many NKTs it was referring to… I actually initially thought it was NeuroKinetic Therapy ®, but I went and checked.)
Some of my favorite content below. Also, I help run the regular Caption Competitions on Funny Answers (join us and compete!)
Ireland, the Irish people, Irish language, history:
Politics, Ethnicity, Political Correctness
Pop culture, Science, General, Language
- Which are the most beautiful mathematical theorems, and why?
- Q: What’s a good approximation for the number of ordered n-tuples of distinct positive integer Egyptian fractions summing to 1?
- How can one prove that there are infinitely many primes of the form 6x – 1?
- When would a lay person want to use a harmonic mean?
- What is the solution of the riddle about the $20/$30 shoes paid for with a fake $50 note ?
- What’s the next number in the sequence: 101, 230, 336, 388, 495, 630, 777?
- Q: What number comes next in the sequence 8319024567, 8549176320, and 5289476310?
- Q: Which finite-length digit sequence ba, cba, dcba, edcba, fedcba… has the highest density of prime factors?
- What would happen if you give a statistician $1,000,000 and put them in a casino?
- Q: Can you predict doctor and lawyer populations with Lotka-Volterra equations?
US, Europe, Asia, Africa, politics, religion, languages
The anomalous role of religion in US politics:
Dating, dating sites, relationships, etiquette
Quora, Quora users
Film, Film reviews, Culture
Tech, SF Bay Area
- What are some great Computer Science jokes?
- If Sam Sung worked for Apple, does that make him an iSpy?
- If you could have any living singer perform at your funeral, who would you choose and why?
- How does death feel?
- I walk into a restaurant for lunch and my check comes to π dollars.
- What has a head and a tail, but no body?
- Does Tim O’Reilly run a cult?
- What type of scientists have the most or least amount of sex, and why?
- Q: Lyrics challenge: Can you compose a good parody song of the CIA’s 638+ assassination plots on Castro, in the manner of ’50 Ways to Leave Your Lover’?
- Riddles: I make war into wart, far into fart, art into tart, titer into titter, ain’t into taint, arp into TARP, vas into vast, bad ouch into bad touch… What am I?
- What are your favorite Monty Python quotes?
- If Jesus Christ, Buddha, Muhammad and any other heads of religions met for a conference, what would the conversational topic be?
- Has anyone ever tried to make a real life Human Centipede?
- Why do some people find bars to be so fun?
- Q: If the Florida Sec of State had administered the Papal Conclave, how would things have gone…?
- Q: Embarrassment: How is frottage confused with frotteurism? What are the possible consequences?
- Q: Which songs when played backwards contain hidden gospel lyrics?
- Q: What are some stereotypes on how different nationalities/cultures treat their elderly parents, in the idiom of ”World Political Ideologies as Explained by Reference to Two Cows’?
- Q: If hypothetical questions were outlawed, would only outlaws ask hypothetical questions?
- America asks “Who the hell is Trevor Noah?!”
- Is it pure coincidence that Twitter convertible debt was downgraded to junk the same week that Kim Kardashian released the photo of her ass?
- Q: When they say Organized crime vs Random crime, do you think of a Seven Habits/Steven Covey-type course for criminals?
- What’s the best Sacha Baron Cohen character?
- Who would win in a fight: 100 billion lions or the sun?
- What are some quotes that are funnier than most jokes?
- Is there any concealed message or philosophy in movies such as Human Centipede, Salo, and Cannibal Holocaust?
- When the outside of things appear ugly to you; Do you look for beauty in ugly elsewhere? How do you do this?
- What are some of the best puns?
Programming, Python, R, Data Science, Algorithms:
9/2015 See To what extent are Americans aware of the impact of US Foreign Policy on the Middle East? where I posted some measured constructive suggestions to help some new poster improve their question. No good deed goes unpunished. All of our discussion on how to improve it at Non-Neutral Middle East Question by Nick Moyne on Quora Moderation Should Look at This has also been vanished.